Capacity Expansion Strategist
Capacity Expansion Strategist is an Energy Portfolio Management solution covering resource planning, capacity expansion, and emissions compliance. It enables resource planners and portfolio managers to assess and develop strategies to address current and evolving renewable portfolio standards and emissions regulations.
With Capacity Expansion, organizations can prepare resource plans, evaluate RFP responses, and develop strategies for current and potential Renewable Portfolio Standards and emissions regulations. It can produce 20 to 30-year horizon resource investment plans to meet long-term reliability requirements, incorporating data such as technology type, fuel, size, location and timing of capital projects.
Key Capacity Expansion Strategist Features
- Ability to analyze renewable portfolio standards and emissions regulations.
- Integrated resource planning – for managing the complexity in meeting load and contract obligations in the future while considering technology improvements, aging assets, and self-build versus buy options.
- Request for proposal (RFP) evaluations – for resource acquisition to determine the best combination of resources that minimize cost and meet renewable and emissions regulations.
- Environmental compliance planning – for emissions compliance planning including the Clean Power Plan.
- Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) compliance planning – for portfolios that include complex RPS rules.